Hair is one of the most noticeable parts of your beauty. While everyone has different preferences and ideal hair type, many of us desire a full and voluminous mane that reaches down to our backs.
But hair growth is a highly complex territory. Doctors and researchers are continuously working on products that can help you get the desirable length and volume. But owing to genetics, water and various other environmental factors, it is not that easy. Luckily, you don’t have to break the bank on a special formula or wait years to get your dream hair.
Thanks to a number of hair extension brands, your dream locks are literally a clip away.
Before you make that decision, you will need to find out which hair extension method is ideal for you.
Types of hair extensions
The most popular type of hair extensions are the clip-in variety.
Clip-in hair extensions basically come with 2 main wefts. A small one that sits on the nape of your neck and a bigger layer for the back of your head along with some additional blending pieces to make sure they look natural.
So how many wefts do you need? It all depends on the thickness and length of your own hair. If you have really short, thin or fine hair, then you need as many clip ins as possible.
Optionally, you could use tape- in extensions. These are wefts of hair set into a clear mounting base that attaches to a strong, double sided tape. You can apply these by sandwiching small sections of hair between the wefts.
Then there are wire extensions. These are fitted using an adjustable invisible wire that is covered by your own hair. The best part about these is they can be removed instantly.
If you are careful, then hair extensions last for a long time and can also be heat styled.
Our personal recommendation is to opt for best clip in hair extensions:
- They are affordable
- They are easy to clip on
- They don’t require much maintenance
- They are extremely user-friendly
However, you need to know that clip ins are available both in synthetic and human hair style. Each clip in extension has its own personality – length, colour, thickness etc. This helps buyers to choose the clip in extensions that will match their natural hair the most.
Tips for choosing the right clip in hair extension
- There are many different styles, colours and lengths available. If you have short and fine hair, you will need to pick a different type of clip in, as opposed to someone with medium length hair.
- Choose hair extensions that are completely undetectable. Look for the slimmest and most seamless clips that lie flat against your hair.
- Select the hair colour based on the ends of your hair rather than the roots. This is the part of extension that will be visible the most.
- You can add highlights by picking a lighter shade without changing your own hair. Or even add bangs without a haircut.
- Check the source for your hair extension’s origin. If it is made from human hair, find out how it is procured and if the brand is transparent about its origin. If it is synthetic hair, then read reviews to check the quality.
Why Gee Hair is the best clip in hair extension brand
Gee Hair provides quite the variety when it comes to clip in hair. Pick from a range of hair lengths, styles, colours and looks. In short, you can get a complete hair makeover by opting for the look that you desire.
Not surprisingly, Gee Hair has been endorsed by several famous celebrities, magazine awards and influencers in the hair and beauty industry.
So if you are looking to give your hair a brand new avatar, give Gee Hair a try.