What do you do when you’re not producing enough breast milk to feed your newborn baby? As a mother, it’s your natural instinct to nurse your baby but sometimes your body doesn’t produce enough milk for feeding. This is when you have to put your trust in baby formula.
Formula for babies was designed to mimic and provide the nutrients of breast milk to help mothers feed their infants. But ingredients used in most mass-produced brands can potentially be a health risk for growing babies. That’s why mothers should opt for organic baby formula.
There are more brands of organic baby formula on the market now than in the past. That’s because organic baby formula is packed with safe and healthy ingredients that will benefit your baby. Take a look at the following 5 facts about organic baby formula you should know about.
1. What Ingredients do Organic Baby Formula Contain?
Premium brands that manufacture organic baby formula include additives such as DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) and ARA (Arachidonic Acid) which are essential fatty acids. They also include probiotics and prebiotics as all these ingredients are found in breast milk.
DHA and ARA play an important role in early infant development so it’s essential that baby formula includes these two ingredients. Organic baby formula with these key ingredients has the potential to provide the following benefits for growing babies:
- Strong cognitive functions
- Positive immune responses
- Visual acuity
- Major infant brain development
The goal is to select a formula that has a nutritional profile as close to breast milk as possible. Simply check your product label to see what the product contains to ensure you’re providing the best milk for your growing baby.
2. Organic Baby Formula Reduces the Risk of Health Problems in Infants
Organic products should have no toxins or pesticides present, especially in foods. Pesticides, artificial colourants and flavourings have major side effects particularly in infants that have sensitive immune systems.
Opting for organic baby formula will reduce the risk of lung damage, nervous system ailments and endocrine system dysfunction associated with chemical-based products. Organic baby formula was designed to provide immune support for growing babies to eradicate potential health risks.
Organic baby formula will strengthen your infant’s immune system to help combat sicknesses and infections.
3. Nutritional Benefits
Vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids are found in organic baby formula. All-natural baby formula contains higher levels of vitamin E. It’s rich in antioxidants that protect your baby’s cells from free radicals.
To benefit cognitive function, organic baby formula includes omega 3s that support your infant’s physical and mental development. Organic baby formula also contains high levels of lutein that help protect and maintain healthy cells in the eyes.
4. Ingredients Premium Organic Formula Brands Avoid
Some massed produced brands will claim they’re organic and safe but sometimes they contain ingredients that could be harmful to your infant’s health. Premium organic baby formula won’t contain any harmful substances such as the following:
- Palm oil: Your baby’s system is sensitive to foods and palm oil has high levels of saturated fat that could be bad for your infant’s health. Products containing palm oil showed low bone mineral content that reduced calcium absorption.
- Corn syrup: As mentioned before organic formula should match breast milk closely in its nutritional value. There is no corn syrup found in breast milk so it shouldn’t be in your baby’s formula. It’s an artificial sweetener that could cause stomach aches.
- Added hormones: High levels of phytoestrogens can cause development issues in babies.
- Carrageenan: Carrageenan is a controversial ingredient as it’s known to contain carcinogen which is a cancer-causing by-product. It also causes gastrointestinal inflammation.
5. The Benefits of Organic Baby Formula
When you purchase premium organic baby formula you’re promoting a natural way of feeding animals and plants used to make the product. Chemicals, artificial hormones and pesticides aren’t used when making an organic baby formula which helps reduce pollution.
Organic baby formula has no GMOs or other artificial ingredients that could be harmful to your baby’s health. All natural baby formula is gentle on your baby’s stomach so it doesn’t cause discomfort, indigestion, constipation or diarrhoea.
Natural ingredients can be absorbed easily into your baby’s immune system to promote strong muscle, organ and bone development.
Organic baby formula is a healthy alternative when you can’t produce breast milk. Natural baby formula will help you feed your baby food that’s packed with nutritional value.
Selecting the correct baby formula doesn’t have to be a difficult choice. There are myriads of premium brands that provide the best quality organic baby formulas for your growing infant. But know that organic baby formula will always be the superior choice.
You’ll be providing your baby with all the vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids needed to develop a strong & healthy body so your child has a great start in life.